Sunday, January 31, 2016

Comet, MT ~ December, 2015


I had never been to Comet in the wintertime before.  
I'd been there in the spring, when there was still some snow on the ground, but I'd never seen it completely snow covered before.  
Again, the town has an entirely different character each time I see it!


Hoist frame and loading chutes.




This is one of my favorites from this shoot!




Some of the houses on the hill opposite the road from the mill.
   

Building beside the Dailey Hotel.  Love those aspens in winter!


The Dailey Hotel, better visible in winter among the naked aspens...



Favorite shot of the Dailey from this trip...


I think this view through the Dailey is becoming a favorite of mine, 
despite the loss of the staircase.


 View of the mill in winter...


A more panoramic view showing more of the post-restoration hillside.  


The wind was blowing some of the snow from the mill roof.


More detailed shot...


 More houses on the hill across from the mill.




Another one of my favorite parts of Comet.  
I usually find some new angle, light, or feature of this old truck frame to take a shot of while I'm here.


More shots of the hill.




Car in snow blanket!


No comments:

Post a Comment