Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Doggon Fun!

The kids and I took our one year old dog Lucy up to the Bears Paw Mountains here in north central Montana for an afternoon playing in the fresh snow we got over the weekend.  Now I took a lot of pictures, and they'll be added in a separate blog post, but when I processed the shots of Lucy I just had to giggle!


For those of you who don't know her, this is what Lucy looked like shortly after we got her.  Cute little puffball, wasn't she?  We had no idea what she was, what her parentage was, or what she would grow into.  She had that plushy, ticked coat, folded ears, and black spots on her tongue.  She really could be any mix you could imagine.


This is the portrait shot I did of Lucy today!  What a change!  You can kind of see that puffball puppy hiding in there somewhere, but she has really grown up into something beautiful!


She definitely does have her goofy side, though, and she loves plowing through the untracked powder just as fast as she can!  Look at those hind legs waaaayyy out in front of her front ones!  Snow flying, tail flying...



...and she just keeps going!  She's either inside the house or in the back yard at home, so all of this freedom...well we'll just say she knows exactly what to do with it!


 The endless exploring!  She doesn't ever venture too far, but it takes a lot of persuasion to get her to focus on us and what we want her to do...

Because she always finds something new and interesting and lasers right in on it...


But it really is great to watch her go!  I wish we could do this more often!


 I finally got her attention here, though she doesn't look like she really wants to be diverted...


But she always has an enthusiastic smile for her people, even when its time to go home!

  
I think we all had a great time together!  I didn't get any of the shots I really wanted (another subject for another post!), but I am pleasantly sore and have a whole new dedication to my own fitness!  After all, if I'm going to keep Lucy trekking, I have to be able to keep up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment